Laser Hair Removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness in Midtown, store Atlanta!
How does laser hair removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness work?
Laser Hair Removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness is performed by our GA Medical Board licensed assistant laser practitioners. Laser hair removal is accomplished using The LightPod Neo 1064 ND:YAG laser to achieve lasting hair removal results. The LightPod Neo uses a combination of heat and energy to destroy the hair follicle without harming the skin around it.
Is laser hair removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness painful?
The LightPod Neo offers patients a uniquely pain-free and gentle way to get rid of any unwanted hair. Most patients who have been treated by other lasers say that being treated with the LightPod Neo is much gentler and more pleasant. This is due to our laser’s short pulse duration and lack of contact with the skin.
Am I a good candidate for laser hair removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness?
If you have unwanted body hair, you may be a good candidate for laser hair removal. Our board certified physician will evaluate your skin and hair type and will come up with a plan that will provide you with the best results. Our laser is safe on all skin types and even with the darkest complexion can safely be treated at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness, Atlanta.
What can I do to ensure optimal results from laser hair removal at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness?
During laser hair removal, the hair must be in its active growth phase, known as anagen, in order to be successfully destroyed. To ensure that hair is effectively treated during the anagen phase, you will receive a series of treatments spaced 4-6 weeks apart. This will successfully ensure maximum results. We require that you shave the treatment area 2 days prior to your treatment and present without deodorant, lotions or cosmetics on the treatment area.
To help our patients understand laser hair removal and the progression of your treatments, our physician has prepared a brief overview of laser hair removal (lhr) and how results are directly related to the growth cycle of hair, for you review and future reference.
- What allows laser light to slow or stop hair growth? Laser light targets melanin in the hair follicle causing it to heat up and either damage the root of the hair (slowing the hairs growth) or destroying stem cells along the shaft of the hair which permanently stops the growth of that particular follicle.
- Are all hair follicles susceptible to destruction by laser light? No. If you presented with all of your hair being susceptible to laser light, lhr would be a one and done treatment. Lhr is a process involving a series of multiple treatments because each hair may be in a different phase of the overall growth cycle when you present for your initial treatment.
- What are the phases of hair growth that make up the growth cycle and why is it important? Anagen (active phase), telogen (inactive) and catagen (inactive). The actual phase of the hair when you present for treatment is important because ONLY the hairs in Anagen are able to be destroyed by laser light because they are actively growing and have the highest concentration of melanin in the hair shaft and root of the hair. Likewise, stem cells are present and active during this phase as well.
- Why do hairs seem to remain in certain areas? This occurs because although all or most hairs in a treatment area are treated with prior treatments, those that are in telogen or catagen stages of the hair cycle are RESISTANT to the laser light and therefore unaffected. Think of them as having on a bullet proof vest and the laser is the bullet. THIS IS NOT A FUNCTION OF OUR LASER OR YOUR LASER TECH, IT IS A VARIABLE THAT CAN NOT BE CONTROLLED THAT SIMPLY REQUIRES TREATMENT OF THAT HAIR IN THE ACTIVE PHASE OF GROWTH.
- When will the hairs in telogen and/or catagen finally go away? When the hairs in telogen or catagen of the growth cycle return to Anagen, they will be susceptible to laser light and slow or discontinue growth. Think of them as no longer being bulletproof.
- Is there a way to predict which phase of the cycle hair is in? Not really, the local reaction to the laser may give some indication but is not in any way predictive of Anagen. We are essentially left to CHASE anaphase with successive treatments until each hair has cycled through anaphase during a treatment.
- Is there any guarantee that 100% of your hair will have cycled through Anagen and be treated during the number of treatments you purchased from us? No, effective clearance is considered a successful treatment. Disclaimer: We do not imply or guarantee that all of your hairs will be effectively killed over any certain number of treatments or specific time frame.
- Are there any treatment areas where slower progression to clearance is expected? Yes, although most areas of the face and scalp have around 85% of hair in Anagen, treatment areas below the neck have considerably less. The lower legs being the lowest at 25-35% of hairs in Anagen. Therefore expect this area to take more treatments than others to active 80% effective clearance.
- What can be done if results are slow due to the phase of the hair cycle? As we have mentioned, we are essentially chasing Anagen. Spacing your treatments out a few weeks may allow more hairs to cycle into anaphase resulting in more rapid results from one treatment to the next. Please express your concerns to your technician and/or medical director.
Current Prices Only Available @ 4Ever Young
1 Small Area: $89 2 Small Areas: $139
1 Medium Area: $179 2 Medium Areas: $209
1 Large Area: $ 389 2 Large Areas: $699
Prices are subject to change without notification, certain restrictions apply!
Click Here, purchase at our webstore
Call us today to schedule a consultation & get the RESULTS you desire at 4Ever Young Aesthetics & Wellness in Midtown, Atlanta!
YOUR procedure performed by YOUR physician!*
*Laser hair removal, microdermabrasions and medical peels not involving a strong acid may be performed by our skilled medical assistants under the direct supervision of our physician unless our physician is requested at the time of booking.